Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Man with a Pipe and a Fiat

On my commute to work yesterday, I saw a small man in a smiling new Fiat. I knew the man was small. He was in a Fiat, after all.

He looked to be in his late 20s. When I saw his eyes, they were half-lidded and relaxed. He could have been driving through the countryside on a Sunday instead of the Interstate during afternoon rush hour.

Perhaps most interesting of all, he was smoking a long, wooden pipe. Even from my vehicle, I could see the pipe flash its careful gloss.

The man leaned back in his seat and puffed. And puffed. Garfield eyes.

He strolled through the Land of Contentedness.

I wanted to be there, too.

Have any of you seen something interesting during your commute or other daily drudgery that just made you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment