Friday, April 20, 2012

The Writer in a Straightjacket

Crazy.
Batty.
Screwy and unhinged.
That's me.

Since I penned my first short story many moons ago, I've slowly driven myself tongue-chewing loco trying to get my name on the cover of my very own novel.

So, I've taken my word slinging to the next level. Or, at least I like to think it's the next level.

It begins with a blog. (It began well before this, but I can pretend.)

From this point, I'm at the starting line, itching to get moving. I'm a marathoner. (But not the running kind. That's just insanity.) This blog will serve as a trough of thoughts and ideas that shove their way into my head. I'll continue posting as I slog through the muck, making my way to the Other Side where a polished urban fantasy novel exists. With a little luck (and a tub of coffee), the concept will develop into a series. As I blog, I'll toss out writing snippets, interesting research discoveries, and, eventually, sample chapters. The occasional off-topic post will likely rear its digital head, too.

I hope that you enjoy reading this as much as I do writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment